MICKI'S HUF HAUS

Welcome to my huf haus blogspot! Over the forthcoming days and weeks, I intend (and I have good intentions!) to keep you updated with the progress of our "haus". I'm not an expert blogger so please bear with me ....I'll try my best!

Wednesday 9 July 2008

COUNTDOWN TO MOVING IN....




In 1 week and 1 day we officially move in and I really can't wait!!


As I write our kitchen is being fitted (and it looks really good, even if I say so myself!!) We have opted for a modern hi-gloss kitchen from the siematic SL range (this basically means it got no handles!) It's finished in Vanilla cream and Latte with a zodiac worksurface. The centre piece is a fab island unit which has the hob and steamer set into it. What I like most though are the colour changing lights set behind the frosted glass doors...there are the best! Even the tap (which has not arrived yet) changes colour!!








The woodburning stove arrived last week. It's from Huf, although officially it comes from Holland. I really like the stainless finish....it complements the bolts on the house very well. One thing that suprised me though was the size of it. It's huge....as in taller than me!!! I don't think I'll be going cold!












Our landscapers are also doing a great job....the site has now all been levelled and is ready for turfing. We are having a granite patio laid to the rear, this will match the pathway around the house. The carport has all been blockpaved and shortly the driveway will be finished. Fingers crossed it will be all done for moving day!!