MICKI'S HUF HAUS

Welcome to my huf haus blogspot! Over the forthcoming days and weeks, I intend (and I have good intentions!) to keep you updated with the progress of our "haus". I'm not an expert blogger so please bear with me ....I'll try my best!

Monday 30 June 2008

IT'S ALL OURS!!....THE GOLD KEY WORKS!!










Last Wednesday the house legally and officially became ours! In the space of the 2 days the Germans fully installed the bathrooms and fittings, hung all the internal doors and put all the skirting on. Little snagging jobs were done (mainly decor touch up) and the house was cleaned from top to bottom! It looks amazing!







The night before handover we sneaked in (This was at 9pm, the germans were just leaving) and made a snagging list (don't forget if it was a typical UK builder you would need to do this!). We arrived early for handover with list in hand (we not awkard but these houses are expensive and it must be right). But guess what, well you've probably guessed...all the jobs were done. They had also snagged it and put it all right. All I could find was some tiny nail marks in the skirting and as expected straightaway they fixed those too! So it was on to the official handover!


Frank (he's the main plumbing and heating man) walked us around the house explaining all the heating controls, how the boiler works and demonstating useful things on operating the showers and baths. Then it was on to Rudiker who went through the finer matters including keys, working of blinds and how to look after the house! We were presented with a DIY touch up box and Huf tool set! The front door was unwrapped and the lock changed from the builders lock to ours and then was it time....


THE GOLDEN KEY WORKS!!

18 months ago (when we paid our first deposit for the house) we were presented with a golden key in velvet jewellery box. For the past week I have been wearing this key around my neck (quite sad I know but I was excited) awiting to see if it would really open the lock that had been allocated to me all that time ago. And as expected it worked!!! The golden key opened the door!! Now, after only 3 months, the house is all ours.......

IT'S ALL OURS!!!!!

Now it's countdown time to moving but first the kitchen, fireplace and bed deck need to be installed. I'll be back soon with next updates!!!