MICKI'S HUF HAUS

Welcome to my huf haus blogspot! Over the forthcoming days and weeks, I intend (and I have good intentions!) to keep you updated with the progress of our "haus". I'm not an expert blogger so please bear with me ....I'll try my best!

Monday 16 June 2008

WE ARE TILED!!



Once again apologies for being behind on my posting! The internet access where I am tempoarily living is a nightmare!

Anyway...the lastest update is.....we'll get our keys next week!! I am so exited (but aren't I always!!)

The house is now fully decorated and also tiled! The decorators only took 2 weeks to do the full house including plastering! They have a rather strange system where the plaster and paint all comes as one product which they literally paint on! Only the germans!! Only Huf!!!

So now the black is really black and the white is really white, it looks so crisp. The cutting in is perfect but they did mask everything! Preparation is always the key! The decorators then left us and a few days later 2 tilers from Boden Art (part of Huf) arrived. Again they took great attention to detail. They pegged the flooring out with sting lines, laid all the tiles out in place and made sure that any cutting needed was symetrical! Then all the tiles were properly put back in place! How perfect!


Our bathrooms are also tiled and the baths already in place (they are tiled in...see picture) I almost cried (happy cry) when I saw the master bathroom. My bath is huge. I love it...when it's finished it will have pillows at both ends....I see myself spending alot of time in it!!!

So today is Monday and come Wednesday 25th June we will get the house officially handed over to us. This week is going to be a very busy week for us. We have a full german team on site include electricians, joiners and plumbers. The bathrooms will be finished, the carpets gets laid and the wood burner installed. Externally the driveway team should also start today and also Briscows (the original groundwork team) are back on site to connect the drains! What are a hetic week it will be!!!