MICKI'S HUF HAUS

Welcome to my huf haus blogspot! Over the forthcoming days and weeks, I intend (and I have good intentions!) to keep you updated with the progress of our "haus". I'm not an expert blogger so please bear with me ....I'll try my best!

Saturday 29 March 2008

DAY 5 - IT'S SATURDAY!

It's Saturday and guess what...the Germans are working and the weather is awful (just for change!)

There's been guys working on our roof doing lots of baton type work in preperation of the tiling thats due on Monday. Todays biggest change though as been erection of the double carport...it's huge! It's been designed to have a generous sized store room to the rear (great for our rarely used bikes!) What I like most though is the huge overhang to the side....it makes a great 2nd sheltered sitting area...i can picture my garden chairs there now!

I've failed miserably in any attempt to get pictures today! To start with the weather is dreadful (it was warmer in the car) and secondly site was like a gigantic bog! Also, in my defence, the german crane, vans, loo etc are all in the way to get a decent picture!

Tomorrow is Sunday and those hard working Germans get a day off! Can you believe it!! They originally wanted to go the beach claiming they would make sandcastles! I know germany doesn't have a seaside but that is just ridicoulous! However given the bad weather they are going to the Trafford Centre!! It will be chaos on a Sunday! I don't envy them!

So even though there is no one on site tomorrow I will have to go for may daily peek! The foreman said if I REALLY wanted to I could take a sleeping bag and camp out overnight! (the other half said NO!!!) Hopefully the weather will have picked up and I can get some more photo's. After all these are our memories and I don't want to miss a thing xx