MICKI'S HUF HAUS

Welcome to my huf haus blogspot! Over the forthcoming days and weeks, I intend (and I have good intentions!) to keep you updated with the progress of our "haus". I'm not an expert blogger so please bear with me ....I'll try my best!

Sunday 30 March 2008

IT'S SUNDAY...THE GERMANS ARE ON A DAY OFF!




As I said in my last post, I had to go for another look today! Wild Horses wouldn't keep me away!! So what has changed today?


Well for starts, there were no Germans and typically today the sun was shining!! Remember, they have gone shopping! The site looks so much bigger without all their vans! The big wagon has returned to Germany and quite suprising the crane has also gone! I'm presuming he's on his way back to Germany as he has craned all the tiles up onto the roof, but i'll guess I'll know for certain tomorrow! The carport is looking good!




We had a good wander around today although internally we could not get in (it was all locked up and my key was at home- oops!) We've been debating our drive way plans and if we should have a grey slate patio or decking!! Oh, the decisions we have to make!! We think we're going to have a large lawn area and then plenty of mature planting! We've found a great garden centre...check out Maple Farm Nursery..it's fab!!


Tomorrow the roof will get tiled, the carport finished and Tuesday is tidy up day and prep work for the next team! Oh and Mr Inspector man from Germany will fly in to check progress and ensure all is well!! How exciting!!


The other amusing thing is watching all the cars driving down Ballam Rd slowing down to stare...don't forget last Sunday there was no house, now 1 week on there's almost a full one!! As they say at the local mini dealership....STOP STARING AT ME!!!!