MICKI'S HUF HAUS

Welcome to my huf haus blogspot! Over the forthcoming days and weeks, I intend (and I have good intentions!) to keep you updated with the progress of our "haus". I'm not an expert blogger so please bear with me ....I'll try my best!

Tuesday 8 April 2008

4 HUF VANS...8 HUF MEN...AND A HOUSE FULL OF ACTIVITY!!!






Can these Germans get any more efficient?? Can they suprise me anymore??

Today has been a great day in our "huf " world! Ruddiker has been for his inspection and all is pretty much as it should be although he moved the height of a planned plug socket! Apparently it should be higher so they are all at the same height! Huf efficency!! YEAH!!! WE LOVE IT!!





We now have 8 men working in the house...electricians, joiners and of course Ralph the plumber! Their progress is unbelievable! There's been lots done including wiring, work on the internal balcony, fitting of internal glass panels and the installation of our boiler and water tank! I can now actually say the house looks like a building site inside...although admittedly a organised one!
What I like about these guys though is not only their efficency but their eagerness to help me. I asked for an extra plug socket in the plant room and guess what??? IT'S NOT A PROBLEM!! How refreshing!!




I've also had a good shufty around today...my bath has arrived (can't wait to see that fitted), I've found the wooden pelmets that goes over the wiring and come across lots of insulation panels...I know the picture isn't exciting but look at the thickness...I'll be nice and warm!!


We left site at 7.30pm tonight, as per usual the germans were still working and enjoy a well earned German Beer!! Good on yer lads!!