MICKI'S HUF HAUS

Welcome to my huf haus blogspot! Over the forthcoming days and weeks, I intend (and I have good intentions!) to keep you updated with the progress of our "haus". I'm not an expert blogger so please bear with me ....I'll try my best!

Saturday 12 April 2008

WE'VE GOT PLUG SOCKETS (And a whole lot more!!)

What I really love about visiting our Haus is that everytime we go down we can see a visible difference! Todays biggest change has probably been in the appearance of the floor, fiiting of internal glass and the fact that we have plug sockets and light switches (and a rather fancy devise that controls the electic blinds....very flash!!)







So firstly the flooring! The basic piping that feeds the underfloor heating is all in place. On top of this our team have laid polystyerene insulation (oh yes, I will be warm!). Because this is white, it makes the room look so much bigger...so now I'm even happier!! Is that possible!!

The next superb change is that all the internal glass pieces including top lights and balconies are all in place. It really looks fantastic and gives a true indication of just how light and airy the home really will be. I love the balcony on the galleried landing that looks over our 2nd sitting area...I think this will be one of my favourite area's of the house!



And finally the last big change is that we are almost wired up with plug sockets and switches in place. It sound daft but I also love the sockets! White fittings on white walls and black fittings on the black wood! Those Germans are sticklers for detail!! We also have tons of sockets which is good and points in almost all rooms for tv, sat and fm radio! I'm impressed! Alex (one of the electricians) is also going to put an additional light point in so I can hang a modern chandlier in the gallieried landing area!



So that is all with regards to the haus! Apparently it was Ralph the plumbers birthday on Thursday so he drove back to Germany to see his family and will be back on Monday. It's a long drive for a weekend (13 hours plus ferry time!). I'm going to get him a cake on Monday to help him celebrate!