MICKI'S HUF HAUS

Welcome to my huf haus blogspot! Over the forthcoming days and weeks, I intend (and I have good intentions!) to keep you updated with the progress of our "haus". I'm not an expert blogger so please bear with me ....I'll try my best!

Tuesday 1 April 2008

BYE BYE GERMANS ....FOR NOW!!




Today as been the last day of our haus build! The tiles are all finished, the chimneys all in and the balconies have all been put up!!




I'm in love...the house is just something else...I want to move in now! The germans have also put the chain guttering on...the water literally sticks to it and falls into the concrete circle below! They have told us that if we find our site is too windy (thus the chains sway) we can order a traditional style gutter but in complete glass to encase it...only the Germans could think of this!!


I said in my last post that Mr Inspector man was due today...guess what the germans are human after all!! They boo booed...it's next week instead! It's good to know that they are not completly perfect...ha ha ha !!!


Anyway, today I have had to work a full day and by the time I got down to site they had finished...so BYE BYE GERMANS and THANK YOU!!!! You've down a fantasic job!!
They left site at 3pm. Can you believe this....they were going back to their travel lodge (nr b&q)..they would grab something to eat and then sleep until 2am! At 2am they then set off in their green huf van for Weybridge for 2 maintenances jobs (starting at 7am). They plan to finish these by 7pm and drive back home! If all goes to plan they get 2 days off plus wekenend and then it's onto the next job...home soil for them next though!


So thats it for now! Team 2 arrives on Monday...that comprises the under floor heating man, a sparky and a plumber...oh and Mr Inspector man!! I'll probably drive over just to look at it...but that's just me...quite sad really!!