MICKI'S HUF HAUS

Welcome to my huf haus blogspot! Over the forthcoming days and weeks, I intend (and I have good intentions!) to keep you updated with the progress of our "haus". I'm not an expert blogger so please bear with me ....I'll try my best!

Friday 18 April 2008

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES.....168 LITTLE HOURS...






Here's me going all wax lyrical!



We've been to visit the house twice this week...Monday and last night (Don't forget we're also trying to move home in between!!) On Monday we took Ralph the plumber is birthday cake, he seemed rather pleased with it! I'm told Glucklich Geberstag is Happy Birthday in german ....i've learnt something new!

Anyway back to the house...Monday was interesting...again there were germans everywhere and whilst our haus looks superb it did also look like a building site!! A huf building site mind you!! Joiners were cutting wood, the sparky's had wires everywhere and the plumbers were beavering away in the plant room. It looked like chaos...organised chaos though!


Last night there was no one....the huf team's gone and the house is spotless, ready for the next team! So what's changed???


Well the house is wired, we have trip switches galore...the plant room is plumbed (see pictures), all the wooden pelmets are up and the underfloor heating as been laid. Check out the picture and note just how prescise and neat it has been laid! I can't believe they've done all this in such a short period time!




So now we have to wait for the English. Whilst our water connection has been made, we need the oil (for the boiler) connecting and for United Utilities to connect the Electricity. The oil is imperative because without this we can not fire up the boiler and test the underfloor heating so the project will come to halt. I am assured though this will be up and running by Monday. We are using a temporary electricity supply so we should be ok there! So the warning for anyone considering a huf haus is keep chasing your utility suppliers. The Germans can put a house up in 6 days. United Untilities have been on with connecting electricity since last September!